Arts & Literacy Institute, Burlington VT

Posted on Sep 9, 2016
Arts & Literacy Institute, Burlington VT

In August 2016, I was part of the presenting team for the Arts & Literacy Institute in Burlington, VT. Over 30 educators from across the region attended the beautiful and powerful learning laboratory, which was hosted by the Flynn Theater and took place at the Bishop Booth Conference Center on the shores of Lake Champlain. […]

Lincoln Center Education, NYC

Posted on Jul 30, 2016
Lincoln Center Education, NYC

In July 2016 and 2017, I facilitated two community arts workshops for the Teaching Artist Summer Forum at the Lincoln Center, NYC. Intermediate-level teaching artists (in the community purpose thread) created colorful lanterns during the morning session, and in the afternoon we all traveled down to the Lincoln Square Neighborhood Center, where a group of […]

Moonshot Summer Teachers Institute, FL 2016

Posted on Jul 30, 2016
Moonshot Summer Teachers Institute, FL 2016

In July 2016, I was part of a fantastic team of presenters for the first Moonshot Summer Teachers’ Institute (a learning lab for educators) at the Vero Beach Museum of Art in Vero Beach, Florida. Hosted and coordinated by The Learning Alliance, the institute took place over 5 days and was attended by teachers and […]

The Wall: Montpelier High School

Posted on Apr 19, 2016
The Wall: Montpelier High School

In March 2016, I completed an arts-integrated residency at the Montpelier High School, working with students to understand the concept of The Wall. Together with teachers Katy Chabot, Sarah Squier and Cathy Butterfield, we integrated three core-curriculum subjects; biology, English and history and learnt concepts around biological walls, psychological walls (the Harlem Renaissance) and physical […]

United States of Arts: Vermont, NEA

Posted on Mar 5, 2016
United States of Arts: Vermont, NEA

I am very proud to have been invited to share some of my educational and community projects on this film produced by the National Endowment for the Arts, for their 50th Anniversary Series, the United States of Arts:Vermont Video available here

Wish

Posted on Feb 1, 2016
Wish

In the winter of 2016, Wish was installed at 247 Pearl Street in Burlington, Vermont. Commissioned by Redstone Housing, Wish was created in collaboration with sculptor James Westermann and is constructed from steel. 6ft (w) x 10ft (h)  x 3ft (d)

Across the Universe, Essex Lantern Parade 2016

Posted on Jan 1, 2016
Across the Universe, Essex Lantern Parade 2016

In February 2016, students from nine schools in Essex and Westford processed through the streets of Essex, VT to celebrate the amalgamation of their school districts in a stunning community lantern parade that had involved over 12 months in planning. Workshops were held with students from Pre-K to 12th grade over several months, in addition […]

River of Light in Waterbury no:6, 2015

Posted on Dec 19, 2015
River of Light in Waterbury no:6, 2015

On December 5th 2015, the 6th River of Light Lantern Parade took place in Waterbury, VT. Drawing over 3000 lantern-walkers and spectators, the streets were illuminated in spectacular fashion. During a special residency, 3rd and 4th grade students from Thatcher Brook Primary School made firefly-inspired lanterns to reflect the theme of BUGS, and their lanterns […]

We Are Montpelier, Stage-Set Design

Posted on May 5, 2015
We Are Montpelier, Stage-Set Design

In April 2015, I was one of two resident artists–along with composer Evan Premo–for the Main Street Middle School in Montpelier. In collaboration with the Community Engagement Lab, I worked with forty 7th and 8th graders, to design and construct a stage-set to reflect the theme of My Hometown. The students used a wide variety […]

‘We Are Randolph’, Lantern Procession April 2015

Posted on Feb 25, 2015
‘We Are Randolph’, Lantern Procession April 2015

A community lantern procession will be taking place in Randolph, VT on April 10th 2015, as part of ‘We Are Vermont: A Celebration of Hometown’, in conjunction with the Community Engagement Lab. The first session was held with 8th graders at Randolph Middle School in January, and a further community lantern-workshop will be hosted at […]